Wearable Arts - The Italian Experience, 10th AugustFriday 10 Aug 2012
Venue: Thornton Auditorium - St Peter's Cambridge
|St Peter's Presents - Wearable Arts, The Italian Experience
For over ten years now St Peter’s has run the very successful Wearable Arts Show. This has showcased the many talented designers at St Peter’s.
This year, for the first time, we are opening invitations to primary and middle schools to join us. Students at year five or above are invited to enter our competition and be a part of this amazing show.
The Wearable Arts team at St Peter’s would like to provide a forum for young students from our community to showcase their talents in creativity and design. This is a fun, exciting event with lots of surprises. The diverse range of categories available to enter in make this a stimulating and inspiring event to be involved in.
WHEN AND WHERE
- The show will be held in the St Peter's School auditorium on the 10th August 2012
- There will be one Matinee performance at 12:30pm and one Evening performance at 7pm
- Tickets are available now for $5 for the matinee show and $10 for the evening show
- Designers who wish to watch the show in the auditorium will need to purchase a ticket
- For tickets complete
this form and post to the School or Email email@example.com to book
(Click each category title for entry form and judging criteria)
- Inspired by children - anything inspired by children, nursery rhymes, story books etc.
- Eco - this is the recycled section, turning trash into treasure.
- Sculptural bras - bold wonderful sculptures, check out the wow website for inspiration.
- Roberto Cavilli - this is the section for students who have made their own piece of clothing.
- Vintage - think retro and bringing back the influences of other decades.
- Avant Garde - wild and overtop creations fit this section.
- Illusion - using black light to create, anything white looks fantastic
- Black and white - combining these into garments/creations
Click here to read more detailed information on each of the above categories.
HOW TO ENTER
- Download/print the entry forms (listed above) and complete the criteria.
- Entry forms are due by Friday 20th July 2012.
- Your completed garment is due on the 8th of August
- Rehearsals on 7th – 8th August (choreography times will be confirmed once entries are received)
- Full dress rehearsal 8th August, 2012 from 3.30pm – 8.00pm with official photos at this time (All models are expected to attend)
Please email your entry form to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to:
Mrs J Blackwell,
St Peter's School,
Private Bag 884,
For any other information please contact: Mrs Cole (email@example.com)
An information pack is also available with specific details about our show.